A quick review is fine - share your overall impression or rate the book out of 5 stars.
If you want to write a longer review, make sure you don't give everything away when you describe the plot. Whether you thought the book was great or horrible, your review should explain why.
If you're not sure what to say about the book, here are some questions and ideas to think about:
- Is the book memorable or forgettable? Why or why not?
- What books, movies, or TV shows did the book remind you of? How does it compare?
- Are you familiar with this author? If yes, how does this book compare to the author's other books? If not, would you want to read another book by this author?
- Would you recommend this book to anyone? Describe the person you think would like this book.
- How would you describe the writing style?
- Could you tell what themes or moods the author was trying to express? Do you think they accomplished their goals?
- Were the characters interesting or believable?